There’s no doubt that a bright, healthy smile is a confidence booster – removable veneers can help! Although many people aspire to have pearly white teeth, it’s common to deal with a variety of cosmetic dental issues that crop up over time. Stains and minor chips may not be medically concerning, but they can negatively impact self-esteem and lower confidence.
Luckily, veneers are a fantastic cosmetic solution for individuals with discolored, crooked, or chipped teeth. Depending on your needs, budget, and time-frame, you might prefer either permanent or removable veneers.
Wondering how to get started? Here’s what you need to know about removable veneers.
What are Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are thin, realistic-looking tooth replacement solutions, designed to fit over your existing teeth. Traditional veneers are permanently affixed to your teeth by a dental professional, and are an ideal option for long-term wear. Removable veneers are lightweight, snap on and off easily, and don’t require any dental alterations to install. Choosing the right veneers will depend on the nature of your cosmetic damage as well as your lifestyle and budget.
Who Should Get Veneers?
Dental veneers address a wide variety of cosmetic dental issues. They are a great option to cover cosmetic damage in the front area of the mouth.
People who might benefit from dental veneers include:
- People with surface stains due to diet and lifestyle habits.
- People with minor chips in their teeth.
- People with minor gaps in-between teeth.
- People with slightly crooked teeth.
- People with a missing tooth.
Remember, veneers do not treat underlying dental health concerns. If you have a dental health concern, please visit a dental health professional as soon as possible. Veneers are not suitable for individuals with:
- Gum disease
- Discoloration due to untreated trauma
- Significant cracks or chips
- Severely crooked teeth
What are Permanent Veneers?
Many dentists recommend permanent veneers as a long-term solution for patients with cosmetic damage. Permanent veneers are typically made from either porcelain or hard resin, making them durable and stain-resistant.
Permanent veneers are formed to contour natural teeth and require several trips to the dentist during installation. After filing down your existing teeth to create a viable surface on which to attach the veneer, your dentist will take a mold of your teeth and send it out to the veneer manufacturer. This process permanently alters your natural teeth, so it’s only recommended for patients who are certain they want to move forward with veneers. Once your dentist receives the completed veneers from the supplier, the appliance is attached using special dental glue and a high-intensity light to form a strong bond to the surface of your teeth.
- Long Lasting – Permanent veneers are built to last for years, even decades. Although they require a bigger initial investment, you likely won’t have to get new ones any time soon.
- Low-fuss Maintenance – Permanent veneers can be cleaned just like natural teeth. Unlike removable varieties that require constant upkeep, permanent veneers are meant to withstand natural wear and tear.
- Price – Permanent veneers cost a pretty penny. According to WebMD, the average cost of a permanent veneer is between $1,000 and $2,000 per tooth. That means it’s easy to spend a lot of money very quickly, especially if you’re fixing more than one tooth at a time.
- Multiple Trips to the Dentist – The installation process is invasive and requires you to pay multiple trips to the dentist’s office in a relatively short period of time.
- Permanently Alters Teeth – Once you commit to permanent veneers, there’s no going back. Since your dentist has to file down your teeth to make room for the new coverings, you are committing to a life-long alteration.
What are Removable Veneers?
Removable veneers, or clip-on veneers, are snap on appliances that fit over your natural teeth. They are installed like a retainer, and clip onto the teeth for a secure and comfortable fit. Removable veneers are color matched to your smile, and are typically fabricated from a hard resin material.
Unlike permanent veneers, removable veneers don’t require any visits to the dentist’s office. They are available through a variety of online dental appliance manufacturers, which provide high-quality equipment at affordable prices. Removable veneers are made using a mold of your teeth to gauge the exact dimensions of the appliance so it matches your smile seamlessly.
Removable veneers are convenient and easy to wear, but do require diligent and consistent maintenance to keep them clean. For the brightest and healthiest smile, removable veneers should be brushed at least once a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and denture-quality toothpaste. This will prevent any bacterial buildup from accumulating on the appliance, and will protect your teeth from decay. With proper care, removable veneers will last for a few years and still look as good as new.
- Lower cost – Removable veneers are a much more affordable option for individuals on a tight budget. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on permanent veneers, you can get high-quality removable veneers for a few hundred dollars.
- Don’t Require Dental Alterations – Removable veneers snap over your natural teeth like a mouthguard, and don’t require any permanent alterations or visits to the dentist’s office. This saves you time, discomfort, and money.
- Fast Results – Since removable veneers don’t require any invasive procedures, they’re ready to wear much sooner than permanent veneers. If you’re looking for fast results, removable veneers are probably the best solution.
- Daily Cleaning – Removable veneers require daily maintenance to keep them clean, and keep your mouth healthy. Although brushing your appliance shouldn’t be too time consuming, it’s an important additional component of your oral care routine and shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Not Compatible with All Foods and Beverages – Similarly to dentures or retainers, you need to be careful about the foods you eat while wearing your removable veneers. Hard candies, sticky foods, and hot liquids can dislodge or alter removable veneers. Check with the manufacturer for guidance about dining while wearing your veneers.
Removable Veneers Made Easy
Interested in transforming your smile without breaking the bank? Dental Lab Direct’s removable veneers are a high-quality solution for most minor cosmetic damage. Our Clip-On Smile is easy to install, comfortable for all day wear, and suitable to wear while eating and drinking. The Clip-On Smile is made with FDA approved materials, so you never need to worry about safety while wearing your appliance.
Ordering your Clip-On Smile from Dental Lab Direct is as simple as one, two, three! Our three-step ordering process is intuitive and user-friendly. Step one: go to our website and order an impression kit in the mail to be delivered to your address of choice. Step two: once you receive the impression kit in the mail, complete the impressions of your teeth following our simple instructions. This should only take about 10-12 minutes! Step three: mail the impression kit back to us using the included prepaid postage label. Once we receive your completed impression kit, your new Clip-On Smile will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. Didn’t get the right fit? Dental Lab Direct offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, so you can make sure your appliance is the perfect fit for your smile.
It’s time to invest in your self-confidence. Get in touch with us today to get started!